Even if you have heard of the term ‘committed to excellence', do you fully understand what it means? The following quote is from Aristotle and defines what excellence is.
“Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.”
Excellence can Become a Habit
Immediately you can see that excellence is a habit, and any habit can be formed. The best way to create a new habit is by setting yourself new goals and creating a plan of attack. Let's see how you can do this.
First you want to define your reasons, or why, for wanting to commit to excellence.
Does this pertain to your business, your family life, or for some other reason? If it helps write down your reasons and your why for wanting to achieve this.“Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way.” ― Booker T. Washington Click To Tweet
Commitment is Vital in Business
If your goal is to be committed to excellence for your business there are some simple actionable steps that you can put into place.
If your business consists of clients, then get into the habit of demanding more from yourself than they do of you.
You can easily please your clients by doing any of the following:
- Giving more value
- Under-Promise and Over deliver
- Finishing the work ahead of schedule
- Adding in a bonus
Image is Putting your Best Foot Forward
Another way to improve your business through excellence is by portraying a professional image. Is your website, logo, brochure information, business cards, etc all up to date and modern looking? If not this is one simple area to improve upon.“Excellence is not an exception; it is a prevailing attitude.” ―Colin Powell Click To Tweet
Good Customer Service Sets you Apart
Customer service is another area where you can offer excellence. Make sure you have a great customer service center, whether online or offline.
It is very easy to set up online help desks today. You can even create one using Google+ Hangouts.
By delivering quality customer service to your clients and your customers you can easily provide excellence. Always respond to tickets in a timely fashion and never get angry at the customer, regardless of the situation.
4 SureFire Ways to Deliver Results
The examples discussed in this section are presented from a business perspective but the very same examples can be applied for personal growth, think about it, who doesn’t want to be a better version of themselves?
- Add more value to yourself by investing in yourself. How? Through reading books, newspapers, journaling, join public speaking groups, write, enroll in a self-help course, go back to school, attend a seminar, webinar, online training, watch informational videos, listen to audiobooks. With today’s technology, the opportunities to become Excellent, are endless.
- Set Goals for yourself and over-deliver by following through, don’t stop, until you crush that goal – you achieve it!
- Finish the things you start in your life. How many times have you started something that you really wanted? Did you complete it? Or, is it still lingering out there waiting on you? For years, I tried to save money, I would start off really good, only to fall off course because something would always come up to move me off my focus. Sound familiar?
- Give yourself a bonus by celebrating your accomplishments/milestones.
I eventually had to get to a point where my determination and focus were stronger than the distractions. Ultimately, I overcame and until this day, I have an automatic plan in place to save money regardless of what comes up in my life – I’m saving and I DO NOT stray away from my savings goal. Period.
If you want to excel in your life then you can start by attempting to put forth the best effort you can. If you do this consistently you will have that air of excellence surrounding you.
This will rub off on other people and they will begin to view you in a different light.
Why is achieving excellence important to you? Drop your thoughts in the comments below, and yes I do read the comments and I do reply ;).
- 7 Fire Ways to Use the Law of Attraction to Manifest Faster Results - November 6, 2020
- 10 Remarkable Habits For An Intentional Life - October 19, 2020
- Goals – 6 Insanely Useful Reasons to Be Intentional In The Goals You Set - October 16, 2020