Why Taking Action Now is the Thing That Matters
Do you spend all of your free time reading and gathering information? Are you a self-help junkie that never seems to make any meaningful progress in your life? Are you trying to take your life to the next level by using the power of your mind alone?
How is that working for you?
Nothing changes until your behavior changes. Sure, you might feel better about your life after all of your mental gymnastics, but is anything actually happening in your life from all of these intellectual efforts?
Take action and watch your life change before your eyes!We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit. – ~ Aristotle Click To Tweet
Consider these ideas:
1: Do something for Something to Happen
You have to do something for something to happen. Nothing happens until you act. You can’t wish or visualize your way to a plate of food, a fancy car, the partner of your dreams, or a successful business. Those things might make it easier for you to act, but you must still take action of some kind.
- Unless you’re telekinetic, you can’t even make a paperclip move across your desk without taking action.
- The more you want to accomplish, the bigger the action you’ll need to take.
2: It’s Not What you Can Do that Matters
It’s what you actually do that count. The amount of capability you possess only increases the number of options you have available.
- Having options isn’t the same as choosing one and taking action.
3: Your Beliefs, Values, and Thoughts Influence your Behavior
If you believe that you’re smart, capable, and good looking, your behavior will be different than if you believe that you’re simple minded, incapable, and homely in appearance.
Here are some more examples:
- Do you believe that failure is fine or to be avoided at all costs?
- Do you believe that people are inherently good or inherently bad?
- Do you value safety or adventure?
- Do you have positive thoughts about your goals or negative?
None of these things has any actual power in the world, other than that they can alter the choices you make and the actions you take.
Let every man or woman here remember this, that if you wish to be great at all, you must begin where you are and with what you are. He who would be great anywhere must first be great in his own Philadelphia. – ~ Russel H. Conwell
4: Law of Average is Ultimately on your Side
If your dream is to play the piano, you can certainly do it. You simply have to keep trying. A pro pianist might play a certain piece better than you do, but you’ll most likely be successful eventually.
- When you take action, you get a result. You’re bound to get the result you want eventually if you take action long enough. Eventually, the law of averages will pay off.
- When you do absolutely nothing, nothing happens and you most always you always fail.
5: Action Creates Potential
When you take action, you can learn from your results. When you take action, things change. New opportunities become available. You might meet a new person that can help you get what you want. When you take the first step, the next step appears.
- Things start happening when you start making move. Nothing happens while you’re learning, scheming, and planning.
Things begin to change when your mindset and behavior change. You’ve proven this to yourself thousands of times throughout your life. Your life changed when you started school, changed schools, and made new friends.Be content to act, and leave the talking to others. – ~ Baltasar Gracian Click To Tweet
Your life was different after you made significant changes to your diet or started a new diet. Your life forever changed (for the better) when you made the difficult decision to upgrade your circle of friends.
You cannot just accumulate knowledge, daydream, or make grand plans. You have to take action and be willing to DO new things.
When your behavior changes, your life changes. How do you want your life to change? What can you DO to make it happen? When will you get started? Only you can answer these questions.
Looking for Motivation? Try here!
- 7 Fire Ways to Use the Law of Attraction to Manifest Faster Results - November 6, 2020
- 10 Remarkable Habits For An Intentional Life - October 19, 2020
- Goals – 6 Insanely Useful Reasons to Be Intentional In The Goals You Set - October 16, 2020
Great post! I am always searching for ways to better myself as a person. Your helpful tips provide a starting point that I can actually see myself doing. Looking forward to actually coaching with you in the very near future.