Not feeling very creative, but interested in boosting your creative spark? Today I'm going to share with you some helpful tips that will get your creative juices back in motion in just 30 minutes or less!
“To be creative means to be in love with life. You can be creative only if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty, you want to bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry to it, a little more dance to it.” – Osho
- Spend time with your supportive peeps. By getting together with the people you know well and have come to trust, you can relax, let your hair down, and talk about the things that are really on your heart. Your peeps are the perfect support system to talk about what's on your mind. And who knows, they might even have the solution you’re seeking!
- Create something. By using your hands to create something new, you stimulate your brain to think creatively. Buy some modeling clay and see what you can make. Take up knitting or crocheting. Try baking something (especially bread dough that you can knead yourself). The key is to put your fingers in motion.
- Do something you’ve never done before. Try experimenting with a new skill, or even a new recipe, you stimulate parts of the brain that you haven’t used in that way before, and in doing so, it inspires new connections in your neural networks, which are necessary for creative thinking.
- Go outside and explore the green spaces. Studies have shown that exposure to green spaces stimulate the brain in numerous ways – one being in the areas associated with creativity. To get your fill of green, visit a park. Or if you’re feeling more adventurous take a hike. Have a green thumb and some time? Try gardening.
- Try yoga. The gentle movements involved in yoga make it an ideal exercise for anyone. But did you know that there were specific poses said to inspire creativity? Add to this the fact that yoga is known to reduce stress and relax the mind. That means it’s the perfect exercise for the person who is stuck and needs to find a creative spark.
- Last but not least – take a cat nap. It could be that you’re just too tired to be creative. Half an hour is the perfect amount of time for a cat nap, to rest and recharge that brain!
While you may not be creative everyday, there is always something you can do to spark that inner creativity!"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." – Albert Einstein Click To Tweet
The Power of Living in the Now eBook – (instant download)
Latest posts by Victoria M. Parham (see all)
- 7 Fire Ways to Use the Law of Attraction to Manifest Faster Results - November 6, 2020
- 10 Remarkable Habits For An Intentional Life - October 19, 2020
- Goals – 6 Insanely Useful Reasons to Be Intentional In The Goals You Set - October 16, 2020