Each one of us was born for some higher purpose, and it is our mission to find it. However, most of us have no clue what we want to do with our lives. Even after we finish school, get a job, or after we begin to earn money. It takes more effort to get a clue about what we want to do with our lives.
Below are 20 how-to tips for living a life of purpose.
- Identify your beliefs and values – first, you need to understand your core beliefs and values. Then you need to understand how these (your beliefs and values) shape your life so that you can then determine your short and long-term priorities.
- Set your objectives and priorities – organize the activities that matter most to you and spend your energy and effort in those areas. Avoid drifting away in the currents of life.
- Pursue your passion – identify your passion. Then slowly re-align your life so that you can focus more of your effort on things that you are passionate about.
- Find balance – set aside sufficient time to take care of you and your personal needs. Achieving balance means establishing boundaries as well as a balance between your career needs and family life.
- Achieve inner peace – avoid the “grass is greener on the other side” mentality. If you want to live a life of purpose it is important to feel content with where you are right now, what you have, and who you are.
- Impact other people positively – do things for others without expecting personal gain or praise. Help wherever and whenever you can and you will slowly start gaining inner satisfaction as you witness the success of others.
- Cherish every moment – don’t live a life of regrets. Learn to take joy in each and every experience you go through in life. Use past disappointments and setbacks as stepping stones and celebrate each little success in a great way.
- Don’t wait for others to validate your decisions – learn to appreciate that your opinion matters too. Counting on others to reaffirm your opinion is just a cop-out. After all, this is your life and you own it.
- Open up your mind – keep your mind refreshed always by reading and listening to new (positive) ideas that feed who you were made to be: pure, free, and joyous.
- Get in touch with your spiritual self – it is important to have a spiritual grounding. Everything else will change, shift, grow or crumble except your spirit. So learn to listen to your inner spirit (your gut) as you walk down the journey of life.
- Control more of your time – work hard so that you can control your time and your future. For instance, you need to start saving more today if you want to attain financial independence in the future. The more control you have over your life, the better.
- Focus on growth, not maintenance – don’t focus too much of your resources on paying bills, repairing your cars and worthless meetings. Instead, focus on milestones such as investing in your own personal growth through education or building stronger family relationships.
- Shake your routine – craft your life in a way that creates the most memorable moments and greatest experiences. In other words, be careful not to just abide by routines like a pilgrim who has to follow a specific set of rules imposed on them.
- Manage your life – your life is largely defined by who you allow into your personal space. Therefore choose everything – clothes, vacations, friends, etc. – with a discerning eye.
- Transform your attitude – self-transformation begins with the renewing of your mind. So start by changing your outlook toward yourself. Once you can appreciate your own unique abilities (and weaknesses) the door of joy and progress will be open before you.
- Simplify your life – adopt the principle of “simple living and high thinking” and you will soon begin to see rapid progress in your life. This together with the transformation of your mind will enable you to make constructive use of whatever resources you have.
- Build supportive relationships – you don’t want to spend the rest of your life with people who do not support your growth as a human being. So instead of just building relationships on the basis of proximity, organize your priorities and values so that you can invest in relationships that are mutually supportive.
- Don’t listen to fear of failure – most people live in relationships and jobs they don’t like because of fear of failure. But in order to live a life of purpose you need to learn to tame this fear. Appreciate that even if you fall off course you can always make changes and try again.
- Don’t wait for perfection – perfectionism kills confidence and slows down performance. Rather than wait for things to turn out perfectly, carry on with your plans with the mentality that things can always be improved upon as you move forward.
- Record your accomplishments – pay attention to accomplishments and things that generally help move you forward. Document your accomplishments, successes, and lessons learned – this will help you with setting goals for your future.
“Figure out what your purpose is in life, what you really and truly want to do with your time and your life; then be willing to sacrifice everything and then some to achieve it. If you are not willing to make the sacrifice, then keep searching.” – Quintina Ragnacci
Living a life of purpose takes time and determination. Look at it as an investment in your overall health and wellness.
You deserve to live a life of purpose. Hopefully, these 20 tips will help to jump-start your journey. Stop allowing life to just happen to you, get control, and most importantly, remember to track your accomplishments, write down the lessons you learn. All the best!
The Power of Living in the Now
- 7 Fire Ways to Use the Law of Attraction to Manifest Faster Results - November 6, 2020
- 10 Remarkable Habits For An Intentional Life - October 19, 2020
- Goals – 6 Insanely Useful Reasons to Be Intentional In The Goals You Set - October 16, 2020