Fear is the enemy – there is no other way to describe it. I’m not talking about that natural life-preserving action, along with a major boost of adrenalin that occurs if a wild animal is coming at you. I’m talking about the fears people live with day in and day out.
Fear is your enemy. Someone once described fear as, “Sand in the machinery of life.” Fear doesn’t help you, it hinders you. Fear doesn’t get you through an open door; it keeps you in the hallway. Fear never helps you put your best foot forward; it just keeps both of your feet in cement. The psychology of today is, “Learn to live with your fears”, “embrace your fears”, “It’s normal to have fears – everybody does.”
It’s true; lots of people do have fears. And there are people who are trying to learn how to live with their fears, and embrace them. But if it’s “normal” to have fears, then why would the Bible talk about being delivered from all your fears (no this article does not turn into a sermon; more like encouragement); however —
Think about it – if it’s normal to have fears, and you had no fears, then you would be abnormal, right? Well why would God want you to be abnormal?
He doesn’t. He truly desires for you to be set free from all your fears.
“I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.” —Rosa Parks
There are many facets and aspects of fear. One of the big ones is having fear of what others think of you. People do things, say things, and even buy things because of the fear that they have of what others may think. Many times people join clubs or organizations because they are afraid that if they don’t, others might think badly of them. People say things and talk a certain way because they are afraid that they might not say the right thing in front of the right people.
People purchase items because of fear not measuring up to those around them and the list can go on but you don’t have to live with fear.
3 simple components to getting rid of fear:
- First, start by realizing that God truly loves you and that His love for you is unconditional. The Bible teaches that nothing can separate you from His love. Absolutely nothing. His love for you does not change, ever!
- Second, ask God to help you to get rid of your fears. He has promised to deliver you from all your fears. That is His desire for you – a life without fear.
- Third, make decisions based on what is best for you, not how it may or may not appear to others. You’ll never, ever be able to please everyone, so please stop trying to. You’ll never, ever be right in everybody’s eyes, so stop trying.
When you make a decision, ask yourself, “Why am I making this decision? Is it based on fear?” Does it feel right to me? Is it a decision that I can honestly live with?
Make decisions based on what is right and best for your life, regardless of what others think.
I would love to hear from you. Let me know in the comments some ways you've overcome fear, your tips can help others overcome their fears.
You can live without fear.
Recommended Self Development Course:
BossGirlLife – Discover What It Takes to Develop the Grit, Drive, and Hustle
- 7 Fire Ways to Use the Law of Attraction to Manifest Faster Results - November 6, 2020
- 10 Remarkable Habits For An Intentional Life - October 19, 2020
- Goals – 6 Insanely Useful Reasons to Be Intentional In The Goals You Set - October 16, 2020