Personal development is hard work, but as long as you are open to it, there are always new opportunities for personal growth and improvement. If you want to grow your character, the most effective way to do it is to continue to educate yourself and then apply the lessons you’ve learn.
- The best place to begin the process of change is within your circle of friends and associates. You should surround yourself with like-minded people who share the same values as you. This will help you to have a better attitude and keep you away from the influence of negative people who could care less about your dreams and goals.
- Find and read books that tell you about personal growth. A good book can provide you with the information that you need to get started on your journey toward a new you. Choose a book that has gotten good reviews because there are some books about personal development that are not written very well.
- Use your smartphone (and nifty apps and there are tons of free ones to choose from) to voice record your thoughts and ideas throughout the day. If you’re old school and prefer to write it down, carry a small notepad with you. Jot down whatever you come up with in detail and then act on it later when your creativity is flowing naturally.
- A crucial part of any personal development program is to take special care in providing for your own physical needs. Basic self-care, such as sleeping at least eight hours, exercising every day, and eating lots of fruits and vegetables are an important part of achieving positive growth. While it appears easy and simple, getting in shape (especially if you don’t enjoy it) can also be very challenging.
- Write a pep talk for yourself. Keep a list of your good qualities in your wallet. Keep it with you, and pull it out if you are feeling discouraged. You might even consider recording the mantra in your own voice, so that you can play it back at any time. This might sound silly but it really does help.
- Take the time to change the focus of your conversation from your own accomplishments and awards to the achievements of those around you. This will help you to remain humble while giving you a picture of how people around you operate.
- Don’t just respect people who have power or something to offer you; treat everyone with dignity and respect. Treat them well, and your actions will speak volume.
- As you ascertain your needs and how you will approach them, there is one thing that must be done. No matter what other steps you take, the one critical decision you must make is to be active in your life, not a bystander. Don’t just be a bystander in life; take charge, and be in control of your life.
- If you feel that you are constantly unable to reach your goals, then you need to stop and reassess your goals and what you are doing to achieve them.
- Conduct some online research, focusing on people who take on goals like yours and the problems they encounter. You could have impossible expectations of yourself or just not have a committed dedication to solving your problems.
Applying these simple tips should help you find the next step in your journey. Keep an eye out for new strategies, information, and growth opportunities, and if you're looking for tools to continue your growth journey, I invite you to enroll in one of our many self-directed personal growth and development courses, available online – 24/7.
Until my next post, keep your head high and your hope higher.
- 7 Fire Ways to Use the Law of Attraction to Manifest Faster Results - November 6, 2020
- 10 Remarkable Habits For An Intentional Life - October 19, 2020
- Goals – 6 Insanely Useful Reasons to Be Intentional In The Goals You Set - October 16, 2020