5 simple tips to help you feel better about yourself and build your self confidence today. Learn how to smile and others will smile with you.
There are very few people who could call themselves perfect and be right. Most of us need to build self confidence today, but the majority just either ignore the issue or concentrate on the negatives: stress, worry, jobs, money problems and relationship issues.
Concentrating on these areas drain our self confidence rather than improve it. If you could improve your self confidence you could make more money, look and feel better about yourself, or just be more relaxed with other people.
“I Am Not What Happened To Me. I Am What I Choose To Become.”
Below there are five simple techniques that have been proven to help build self confidence.
- Talk to yourself. It sounds crazy but it works. All of us have a running monologue constantly going on in our heads, whether we realize it or not. Everything we see, hear, or touch sparks off an immediate dialog in our thoughts.
For those who lack confidence this monologue is filled with negative messages many of which are the negative side of adverts from television, radio, advertisements, newspapers, and just overhearing other people talk.
These negative thoughts literally suck energy from our minds and bodies and block the flow of positive messages. We need to hear the positive messages as they will build self confidence today and raise your self esteem. Take control.
Use your inner thoughts to talk to yourself in a positive manner, as often as you can. As an example one of my daily self talks is “I like myself, I'm fond of myself, I love myself”. I repeat it over and over for several minutes. It sounds cheesy, but it will build your self confidence – Try it.
I bet that if you go to the mirror right now and repeat out loud “I like myself!” 50 times, it will be impossible to keep from smiling.
- Dress as smart and as classy as you can diva. Dress like you've already reached your personal best (you won't feel at your best if you don't look your best). You will be amazed at just how much your confidence lifts when you look your best. It just feels good when you are wearing your best clothes, are well groomed, and are surrounded by a positively charged environment. So what if it is Saturday, you need to build self confidence today not next week. Put on your nice casual clothes, get your car washed, style that hair! A hairdresser once told me “Everyday is show time — not rehearsal!”
- Increase your self esteem even more by giving thanks for who you are, the space you occupy, how you look, and for what you contribute to the world. Say “thank you” to yourself for everything you see, all whom you meet, and each smile that you receive.
- Stand and sit correctly: How you stand sends out a powerful message to the World, and in turn, back to you. This results in improving how you feel about you, and will build self confidence within you today and everyday moving forward.
Quit trying to fix me, I'm not broken.
There is scientific evidence that shows how posture affects our mood. Do not slouch. Slouching produces a down mood. By slouching you are telling the world and yourself it doesn't matter, you don't matter. Standing tall and upright will actually lift your mood and add a little pep to your step. Help build up your confidence by pulling back those shoulders, stop that slouch, and walk proudly with your head up.
- Smile. Just smile and things seem better somehow. Practice smiling regularly and get your facial muscles used to the physical act of smiling.
Here's an exercise — go to the mirror and smile – make yourself do it. Not a grimace, but a real genuine smile. If you find this exercise too challenging, you can try this:
- Open your eyes as wide as you can – (try and get your eyebrows right up to you hair line)
- Slightly open your mouth
- Pull the corners of your mouth back towards your ears (If your not sure pull them back with your fingers so you know what it feels like then try again without your fingers).
- Repeat 50 times. Get your facial muscles used to smiling and you will smile more and encourage smiles from others. This will make you feel happier and with that you'll build more self confidence, today.
Like the content here? Please share and leave a comment below –
- 7 Fire Ways to Use the Law of Attraction to Manifest Faster Results - November 6, 2020
- 10 Remarkable Habits For An Intentional Life - October 19, 2020
- Goals – 6 Insanely Useful Reasons to Be Intentional In The Goals You Set - October 16, 2020